2/13/11

Where'd the Love Go?

I have always followed the Pittsburgh Pirates, Penguins, Steelers and the University of Pittsburgh Men's basketball team. Over the last two years however, I have become apoplectic about these teams. I have thought to myself "what has happened to my love of these teams?" Maybe I am getting to old, perhaps this is something that happens to all young men as they grow older. I had faith that I was making a rebound during the Steeler's recent playoff run. It appeared to me that my love of sport had been rekindled, but then Super Bowl XLV occurred. When it was over I simply went home and went to bed, so I could get some sleep for the week ahead. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME!! I did not analyze the game or really stress out about it. This blog will be my attempt to see if I still have a passion for my teams, or to recognize that the love is gone. I will attempt to reconnect with the teams, players, issues etc. At the end of the year hopefully we will be celebrating our seventh Super Bowl victory, or I won't care if the Steelers won the big game or went 1-15. I hope to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment